Grace Ndiritu Reimagines the FOMU Collection: EVENTS PROGRAMME
As part of the exhibition Grace Ndiritu Reimagines the FOMU Collection, FOMU organises a series of guided tours, slow focus sessions, talks and other activities. View all the events in the FOMU Calendar.
For Grace Ndiritu Reimagines the FOMU Collection, British-Kenyan artist Grace Ndiritu constructs an original photographic universe of paintings, textiles and interior design inspired by female artists O’Keeffe, Modotti and Albers. It represents a radical and holistic reinterpretation of the classic collection exhibition.
SLOW FOCUS SESSIONS
Every first Sunday of the month, FOMU hosts a Slow Focus session in its exhibitions. During Slow Focus, you look at art more slowly and consciously. It is an invitation to unwind and take time for yourself. Participants learn in a safe environment that everyone looks differently. This makes Slow Focus very accessible: everyone can participate, regardless of prior knowledge. By looking at a photo together for a long time and philosophising about it, your view expands and you see more.
- Places are limited, please book early.
- We will gather at 10.30 a.m. sharp in the entrance hall of the FOMU. Come preferably ten minutes earlier, so you have enough time to put your things away.
- Dates: 5 March, 2 April, 7 May, 4 June, 2 July, 6 August, 3 September, 1 October, 5 November, 3 December 2023 and 7 January 2024
Important: the sessions will be held in Dutch. We also welcome people who are learning Dutch.
EXPERIENCE THE KAISERPANORAMA IN MOTION
The Kaiserpanorama is a masterpiece of the FOMU collection that is once again on public display after a thorough restoration, in the exhibition Grace Ndiritu Reimagines the FOMU Collection. Every first Sunday of the month, you can see the Kaiserpanorama in motion.
- Reservations are not necessary, join us between 2pm and 3pm with your museum ticket.
- Every first Sunday of the month, betweem 2 and 3 pm
- A FOMU guide is present to answer all your questions about this special museum piece.
Check the FOMU calendar for all dates: 5 maart, 2 april, 7 mei, 4 juni, 2 juli, 6 augustus, 3 september, 1 oktober, 5 november, 3 december 2023 en 7 januari 2024
SCHOOLS & GROUPS
SECONDARY EDUCATION: GUIDED TOUR ‘PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGE AWARENESS'
During this intuitive walk, a FOMU guide will take you past photographs and cameras from 1850 to today. Surprising combinations from the FOMU collection form the starting point for an engaging conversation about photography, image awareness and the world today.
Via the FOMU collection, the pupils get an idea of different forms of photography from the past to the present, and what role the photographer plays in it. This guided tour is suitable for pupils of the secondary educations, for all directions.
- This guided tour is suitable for pupils of the secondary educations, for all directions.
- Themes that can be addressed: photography, visual arts, visual awareness, image literacy, image formation, representation, power, ethics, history, art history. Students look consciously and critically at images from world history and form their own opinions about them.
GUIDED TOUR FOR ADULT GROUPS: A NEW LOOK AT THE FOMU COLLECTION
Discover the new collection exhibition during an active tour with a FOMU guide, who will lead you through surprising and unexpected combinations from within the FOMU collection. An intuitive walk past photographs and cameras from 1850 to today.
- This exhibition has no labels and encourages you to look intuitively at the pictures on the wall. However, there is a publication and audio guide with more information about the photographs.
- The guide talks about Grace Ndiritu’s vision and the stories behind the photos
This guided tour is suitable for groups of adults.
This tour is given in English, Dutch or French.