You can easily reach the museum by bike using the bicycle path along the Scheldekaaien, through Lakenstraat, or Vervierstraat. Due to ongoing construction works in the vicinity, we recommend planning your route accordingly.
You can easily get around Antwerp and its districts using the city bikes provided by Velo Antwerpen. A day pass costs €5, a weekly pass is €12, and an annual pass is €58. The first 30 minutes of each ride are included in these subscription prices, making it ideal for short and practical journeys.
Velo Antwerpen stations:
1. Waalsekaai 47 (across from FOMU)
2. Cockerillkaai 39 (across from the Labor Court/Court of Appeals)
3. Vlaamsekaai 39 (across from Museumstraat)
- bus 30, stop Balansstraat
- tram 1, stop Bolivarplaats + 5 minutes walking
- tram 10, stop Bestorming + 10 minutes walking
- tram 4, stop Pacificatie + 5 minutes walking
- station Antwerp Central (Antwerpen-Centraal) + tram 1 or tram 10 (premetro station Astrid)
- station Antwerp Berchem (Antwerpen-Berchem) + bus 30, stop at Antwerp South (platform under the railway bridge)
- station Antwerp South (Antwerpen-Zuid) + 20 minutes walking or tram 4, stop pacificatie + 5 minutes walking
Q-Park Steendonk Parking - Waalsekaai 69a, 2000 Antwerp, entrance via Namenstraat, exit via Verviersstraat. You can benefit from a reduced rate when combined with your museum ticket. Advance reservation of your parking spot is required. The discount applies to 2 hours of parking; thereafter, the regular rate will apply. Reserve your parking space
Parking in the Waalsekaai and surrounding streets (zone AN131): You can use the parking meter located at Waalsekaai 27 or the 4411 parking app for payment.
Please note that the parking policy in the City of Antwerp has changed since August 1, 2023. For more information, please refer to "Parkeren op straat | Slim naar Antwerpen" or "Vervoer in en naar Antwerpen."
Low Emission Zone (LEZ)
Since February 1, 2017, the entire city center of Antwerp and the Left Bank (Linkeroever) have been designated as a low-emission zone. Vehicles that emit too much soot and fine particulate matter are not allowed to enter the low-emission zone. The FOMU is located within this zone. Please check in advance if your vehicle meets the admission requirements through this test.
Mandatory Registration: Vehicles with foreign license plates (except for Dutch plates) that meet the admission requirements must be registered once. Register your car here.
For more information about the low-emission zone, please visit the Slim naar Antwerpen website.